Powerful Video Editing/Semi-Gaming Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Force_iQ

Beta member
Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

I need help with my build, so a friend told me to join this site and ask around. So, that's what I'm doing, right now here's the build I have so far. I'm not that experienced or smart when it comes to computers so I need help. If you could tell me what to change or do differently just let me know.

I'm trying to build a computer thats powerful, lasts a couple of years, and fast. I'm wanting a computer that is sexy, I can do some major video editing, and game on. I play Starcraft and World of Warcraft mainly.

I pretty much need everything, I'm doing a whole new makeover. It would be nice if I could spend under $2,500.

At the moment I have a 20 inch iMac, but it's slow and I'm having some problems with it. Thanks in advance.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

I need help with my build, so a friend told me to join this site and ask around. So, that's what I'm doing, right now here's the build I have so far. I'm not that experienced or smart when it comes to computers so I need help. If you could tell me what to change or do differently just let me know.

I'm trying to build a computer thats powerful, lasts a couple of years, and fast. I'm wanting a computer that is sexy, I can do some major video editing, and game on. I play Starcraft and World of Warcraft mainly.

I pretty much need everything, I'm doing a whole new makeover. It would be nice if I could spend under $2,500.

At the moment I have a 20 inch iMac, but it's slow and I'm having some problems with it. Thanks in advance.

Daaaamn, do you REALLY need a Video Card with 3 fans on it?!

Go for the Noctua DH-12

I'd suggest a bigger wattage PSU for that rig: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
'S nice and modular too.

You sure you don't want a SATA III SSD? It'll be faster than the SATA II one you have there: Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) -Thats 120 gbs
Newegg.com - OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) -60gbs

But I guess it looks good. Jeez though, overkill much?

it depends on what software you are editing. if its photoshop, around 10gb is ok. if youre using something from autodesk, then keep a minimum of 12gb and 6 cores. you also might want to go with a professional gpu, not a gaming gpu unless you really cannot afford it or are going to play games on it.

I'm wanting a computer that is sexy, I can do some major video editing, and game on.

Sounds like he is planning on using it for gaming, and is already $300 over his budget.

Knowing what software you will be using for video editing would certainly help people streamline this build for you though.

Currently use photoshop cs5, adobe after affects, sony vegas pro, final cut pro, just stuff like that. Anything digital design related. I need it more for editing than gaming, and I don't think I'll need anything major for the gaming part of things because only thing I play pretty competitively right now is starcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom