what PSU do you recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
Recently I have noticed that most of the problems I have with my rig now HDDs turning off and on, and components vanishing BSODs etc might be due to my PSU. These issues have been increasingly more frequent in the past weeks and I hear a faint yet high pitch whining sound coming from my PSU as well as some weird fan noises bearing grinding. Anyway I am wondering if I have been overloading my PSU for years. Things all started after adding a second HDD so maybe this overloaded the psu.

Anyway, I am wondering what would be a good powerful enough PSU for my rig

Buy the Cooler Master 500W PSU Extreme Power Plus at TigerDirect.ca

Buy the Ultra LS600 Lifetime Series 600W Power Supply at TigerDirect.ca

I 'm thinking one of these 2 what would you recommend?
I really don't want to spend more than 50-60$

I do plan on upgrading in the near future possibly getting something that I will transfer into a new rig next year

and is that psu available on the canadian site as well?

I might be going to a tigerdirect store that isn't too far away but generally what are some good brands when it comes to psu s?

Also I can't make any real sense of that guide since they don't mention things like efficiency and power factor.

just curious what is wrong with those 2 and what further problems do you think they will give me? Judging by the guide I should get the ultra or maybe a 500w version of it.

sorry if this post is annoying

whats wrong with them? no name brands and known off brands have a tendency to blow up and take your expensive computer parts with them much more often than community trusted brands such as corsair and antec.

by off brands you mean cooler master and Ultra?

thanks for the link MindoverMaster

Off brands meaning not often heard of. RaidMax, Rosewill, Logisys, etc. They are the cheap of the cheap of the cheap. Known to fail.

Or, in Dell or any other computer desktop manufacturers, they often use no-name brands of PSU's. They are tied to a PSU manufacturer you probably never heard of.

Stay with Corsair, Seagate or Antec. I have used all three vigorously and had no problems.

Edit: We are suggesting you more reputable brands. What you buy is your own choice. We only trying to prevent the inevitable.

I think you mean SeaSonic, not SeaGate lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom