Yet another cooling post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Daemon Poster
sorry, i know this forum is littered with posts about cooling, but i must ask everyones consensus on what the best cooling option is... once i go out and buy 10 fans, and a controller would i be smarter to go watercooling? or just spending alot of time and effort making my computer into a cooling machine? i do plan on overclocking my Vidcard/memory/CPU, ive already to decided to get the DP102 and probably go with 120X38 fans if i go with a fan solution. i figure if i go with highquality 120mm fans i can get away with about 6 fans and still get massive cooling... so now please give me your opinions and ideas... and nubius, what type of fan do you have cooling the back of your mobo?

What im planning on doing with my new build is taking a atx case and cutting around 6 holes and put in 6 vantec tornados if acceptable. If not then ill just buy a lian li warrior case http://www.xoxide.com/newlianli60.html and replace the 80mm holes with tornados and keep the 120mm stock fan. Might not seem like the best idea and costly but i like it. :cool:

Whew, 6 tornados would be freaking loud, not to mention they suck up approximately 9watts each...so if you have them on a controller make sure it can handle the wattage Von..

and nubius, what type of fan do you have cooling the back of your mobo?
Before I got all the cooling stuff including the SLK-900A I had bought the coolermaster Jet7 heatsink fan, I use the heatsink on my second machine, but that blower is what's on behind my motherboard ;) The blowers, since they are turning, tend to throw the air somewhat in one direction, mostly down but it kind of angles whatever way the drum is spinning...so the way I have it set up is to blow air down from the top along the back of the mobo

i got the vantec tornado this has given me 10c drop in temp but i only got mid range heatsink im hoping to get a better hs in a few weeks but for now this will do, as for water cooling if you got the money then go for it as it is defo a better solution, people keep coming on asking what the best solution is but at the end of the day its what can you afford, if i could afford water cooling i would have that but at the moment i cant

-Mlr accidentally posted that as a new topic instead of as a reply

hehe, whoops on that one mlr, oh well thanks for moving it nubius... however i must ask, do you think 4 120X38 can be enough to cool my system along with the dp102?

well that deep impact heatsink should be pretty crazy in itself....and 4 120mm fans would be pretty damn insane as it is and you'd have bookoo air flow with those...depends on HOW cool exactly you want it, but overall I think it should do a damn good job lol

well i want to overclock, and my next purchase shall be a new PSU, and 6800GT graphix card(prolly evga with night heatsink) and i plan to overclock my gpu and RAM also, so i want atleast enough movement to get that through... and i figure with wide(120mm) and thick(38mm) i can get all this without a jet engine sound in my room... im not too worried about noise just dont want it to annoy anyone else.

P.S.- sorry about the AMD/intel post i didnt mean to get so out of hand, i just disagree with people who dont back up what they say

P.S.- sorry about the AMD/intel post i didnt mean to get so out of hand, i just disagree with people who dont back up what they say
Yeah it's not a problem, just don't get sucked into it. He already PM'd me with his 'response' which defeats the purpose of closing the thread. The point was it's a neverending fight so why bring it back up....

i truly believe if we use neutral benchmarks and features and information supplied by good sources we can come to a conclusion that each processor has its niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom