Noobie overclocking question...p4 3.2 to p4 3.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereticiv

Baseband Member
I saw on a few sites that with my mobo the asus p4c800 deluxe they were able to successfully overclock the cpu to a 3.6 without any major modifications ie large fans. Is this true? Could i just use the bios to try and overclock to at least a 3.4 or something? I just want some easy jumperless overclocking advice, or a site I can go to to learn full overclocking. I've been building my own comps for years now but I never really tried overclocking. Afer seeing the difference in some games with the 3.2 p4 regularrly and the 3.2 overclocked to a 3.6 I can't resist the temptation to try it.

I have a Cooler Master ATC-201c-SX case so the air current inside should be great!

read your mobo manual. just overclock it one step at a time,..also raise the vcore settings. i've seen these overclocking sites before,..and theyre a great help. just one piece of advice,...use arctic silver 3 between your cpu and fan/heatsink. great air inside your case,..doesn't necessarily sufficient heat dissipation from the cpu. the air inside my case,.goes between 29-32C....but my cpu temp falls between 38-42C under full load.

by the way,..3.2ghz is already fast...you're one of the lucky ones who can afford this. overclocking it isn't necessary, buddy. its not always important to have the fastest pc around the block...just a piece of my mind,....besides you just might ruin a perfectly good 3.2ghz cpu with OC

The AI Overclocking feature on the P4C800 motherboard makes it entirely painless to overclock. Simply enable the feature in the BIOS, and select a percentage to overclock (ie. 3.2ghz + 15% = 3680mhz). If you're still not sure how to go about it, read the manual. ASUS' documentation outlines the overclocking procedure in a few simple steps, making it very easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom