Windows Server 2000 website directory setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefDNS

Beta member
Mystery - Webmaster Needed for question in setting up a website on my own server!

Hello, I have my own in-house server running Windows Server 2000. I created a very quick easy one page website to test the functionality of seeing if the page was served, but know-one except myself can view it. If I type in Localhost, it brings my webpage up on each of my other networked computers, and it appears the site is viewed perfectly. But others get the infamous 401 error, and cant find it. I have my own static IP's setup and it was working at one time (quite a while back), then I updated the page using Frontpage and published it. Again, it is not able to viewed by others. I need to know where to publish the site and what folder on the server should be created?? I dont believe that I must have the correct file structure setup??

The server is named FS1 and Webs are in the D: drive.

This is how the directory is, but it must not be correct.
\\Fs1\webs\rp-enterprises
rp-enterprises.com is the domain name and it is registered. I use RoadRunner HighSPeed, and purchased my own block of IP addresses, I am almost possitive that they are setup correctly reflecting the correct DNS server.

Please help...Thanks in advance!:(

My guess is that the external connection is blocked by your router/firewall. You must ensure that the web connections are being allowed into your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom