Cant use computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpencerS145

Beta member
I have a computer that works at a very fast rate. It has a lot of information and stuff on it. But lately, its been getting slower. But its probobly not a virus, beacuse I have a fully functional Nortan 360 as my anti-virus software. By now, its at the point where I can no longer open the internet, folders, pretty much anything without waiting 5 minutes, and I just checked and noticed my computer takes 30 MINUTES to login! Heres some info:

Type: Inspiron 531
Sub-Type: Windows 7
Memory: 2 GB

Also, on average I usally have about 650-900 MB in use. When I view the desktop. Plz help me!!

Norton 360 sucks... Just saying. Could be part of your problem as Norton is a known resource hog.

Post screenshots of your task manager (click the 'Show processes from all users' button and sort by memory size).

It wouldn't hurt to run a few virus scans. Go to Spyware Asylum and go through our guide.

Also go to start > type 'msconfig' in the start search (without quotes) and go to the startup tab. You can go through that and uncheck items you don't need starting up right away.

Um... problem. It took like now that I tried I think more than 15 hours to log in, and now that im logged in, I dont think I can open anything, and maybe even move the mouse. Its off the edge now, I need some way to fix this at startup or ill be spending a week waiting. Before this happened after the crash, I used nortan power eraser and it found nothing. I cant do anything that you suggested, basicly.

Start PC in safemode, install malwarebytes - update and run a full scan.

Go into msconfig - disable all services that aren't needed and all startup programs that aren't needed.

I have a computer that works at a very fast rate. It has a lot of information and stuff on it. But lately, its been getting slower. But its probobly not a virus, beacuse I have a fully functional Nortan 360 as my anti-virus software. By now, its at the point where I can no longer open the internet, folders, pretty much anything without waiting 5 minutes, and I just checked and noticed my computer takes 30 MINUTES to login! Heres some info:

Type: Inspiron 531
Sub-Type: Windows 7
Memory: 2 GB

Also, on average I usually have about 650-900 MB in use. When I view the desktop. Plz help me!!
First off you should get rid of Norton's, because it lacks efficiency and uses a ton of system resources. Second, i have the same computer as you. Install malwarebytes run it in safe mode and see what the scan comes back with. if nothing is detected it sounds like a Hard Drive issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom