High End Gaming PC - Help/Advice Plase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand spending 2.5 grand if you're an enthusiast or love LOVE doing this as a hobby, but for gaming o.o? I wish I was rich.

I think it's more about the quality of the supply. The Corsair builder series have not been up to the same standards as pc power and cooling or seasonic. This can be verified at jonnyguru and many other sites. I agree he doesn't need that much power but that is no reason to get a budget supply for a high end rig.

The ones me and Slaymate suggested aren't part of the Builder series, as Slay mentioned, but the AX is from the Professional series, and the TX is from the Enthusiast series, If i'm not mistaken.

Okay, makes sence to me. I'll just run with the 8, and then if for some reason I need more (which I doubt), I can just throw a second 8 in with that board?

Yup! Well the Noctua CPU cooler is massive in many cases, and might cover 1 or 2 RAM slots. That's fine if you have 2x4gb memory, as the ones I have suggested. But I'd say 8gb is plenty, and you won't need more for high-end gaming, unless you're doing something like video encoding and such.

Alright, thanks a lot guys. I'm pretty much going with what was originally suggested. I looked at everything, did some homework, and like what I see. Just added in the windows 7 home premium OEM, and I think I'm ready to do my first build from scratch. Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Alright, thanks a lot guys. I'm pretty much going with what was originally suggested. I looked at everything, did some homework, and like what I see. Just added in the windows 7 home premium OEM, and I think I'm ready to do my first build from scratch. Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Make sure that the OEM windows 7 is the 64bit version!-IMPORTANT

32bit won't recognize RAM over 4gbs.

Yeah, I know. Thanks though. :)

Good. You won't know how many novice PC builders come in here, after building their high end gaming rig, complaining why windows is only registering 4 gbs of ram when the user has 6gbs or more -_-

everything jagged said is ok except maybe you should opt for a hi end i7 970 with a 1366 mobo because more cores and more cache!

everything jagged said is ok except maybe you should opt for a hi end i7 970 with a 1366 mobo because more cores and more cache!

I doubt you'd need that much processing power. Plus, the 970 is like 1000 dollars I think.

And the 2600K is unlocked, allowing for much larger overclocks. People, I think, have gotten theirs clocked to 6GHz, I'm not sure. But 5ghz definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom