A good graphic card? Medium Range Price. [PC Gaming]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element 115

Solid State Member
Hello, just briefly I want to tell anyone reviewing my thread that I am new to the community, so sorry if anything is not right to you. Anyway, here I am asking you if you can tell me some good graphic cards in a medium price range used to pretty hard-kore gaming. If you want me to be more specific, I am trying to run the near future release of Battlefield 3. However, I want to run this game with a very smooth FPS and pretty intense looking graphics.

My current specs: Win7 64 Bit Pro
ATI Radeon 5670 XFX 1GB which doesn't seem to function properly.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50 GHz's
4GB Ram
1TB Hard-drive

Anyway, as I said I plan to upgrade the graphic card and that's the majority of the reason I posted this thread.

Lastly, here are the apparent min/reccomended specs for the game. I will not just be playing BF3 , but high-end games.

[[Not official (Not Released by Dice.]
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 256 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 10
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quadcore Processor
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
Video Memory: 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 11
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

You say your AMD card doesn't function properly? It's XFX, so that should have a lifetime warranty. They'll either replace that card, or they might upgrade it to something in the 6000 series.

Stick with AMD cards, they're the best bang for your buck. Not to mention the 6990 has the highest ranked score on 3D Mark :3

You say your AMD card doesn't function properly? It's XFX, so that should have a lifetime warranty. They'll either replace that card, or they might upgrade it to something in the 6000 series.

Stick with AMD cards, they're the best bang for your buck. Not to mention the 6990 has the highest ranked score on 3D Mark :3

Eh their driver support is unquestionably worse than Nvidia and they have a long history of being last when it comes to driver fixes for new games. There are multiple sources of proof for this. You can start here- Videocards - AMD - ATI Drivers Section - Guru3D.com Forums

A GTX 560ti would be a good upgrade that's what I would recommend.
That actully looks really good, however my price range is 100-200 USD's.

Well, for some reason it can't play games which is claims it can run without massive FPS drops. About the warranty, I am just going to wait to get my new graphic card.

That actully looks really good, however my price range is 100-200 USD's.

Well, for some reason it can't play games which is claims it can run without massive FPS drops. About the warranty, I am just going to wait to get my new graphic card.

I think your Processor might be bottlenecking your video card.

I think your Processor might be bottlenecking your video card.

Care to explain that in more detail. I mean, I have 4 processors running. Sure, some of the old games I am getting FPS drops in only use 1 of them. But the new ones like Battlefield 3 should make use of them all.
Just not exactly sure how you mean that.

Well, if I were you, I'd get a card from XFX via the lifetime warranty, then sell that so you can get the GTX 560ti. :)

Care to explain that in more detail. I mean, I have 4 processors running. Sure, some of the old games I am getting FPS drops in only use 1 of them. But the new ones like Battlefield 3 should make use of them all.
Just not exactly sure how you mean that.

Oh, sorry I misread, I thought it said Duo instead of Quad :p

But maybe you should try OCing that processor a bit? It's quad, but that doesn't mean it wont bottleneck your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom