need some (well actually a lot of) help plzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
For $2500 you should be able to go with an Intel build, Sandy Bridge is really what you should be going with atm. I'll put together a build

For $2500 you should be able to go with an Intel build, Sandy Bridge is really what you should be going with atm. I'll put together a build

I thought that same thing, But with bulldozer around the corner and considering he is a new user AMD is a lot easier introduction to overclocking. I have also heard a lot about memory voltage and config issues with the new sandy bridge platform and I figured I would save him that aggravation.

Overclocking SB processors is about as easy as it gets ;) I'm not just being a fanboy lol, they really are the best processors you can buy atm. Heat output is low, performance is top of the charts, OCing is dead easy, price as compared to the previous i7 releases is staggeringly lower considering performance boost (example, 2600k for $320 comes *very* close to equal performance of a 980X which retailed for $1500 when released, and still goes for $1000ish now).

edit: **** it, site just crashed for me :angry: nearly finished the build though, total cost looks like it's gonna be ~$2,300. This is one **** of a pwnage rig :devil:

Overclocking SB processors is about as easy as it gets ;) I'm not just being a fanboy lol, they really are the best processors you can buy atm. Heat output is low, performance is top of the charts, OCing is dead easy, price as compared to the previous i7 releases is staggeringly lower considering performance boost (example, 2600k for $320 comes *very* close to equal performance of a 980X which retailed for $1500 when released, and still goes for $1000ish now).

edit: **** it, site just crashed for me :angry: nearly finished the build though, total cost looks like it's gonna be ~$2,300. This is one **** of a pwnage rig :devil:

i'd very much like to see this rig, although i do hear tell that bulldozer will destroy i7 when its released, so wouldn't it make sense to have a rig that i can upgrade to bulldozer?

Yep, IMO right now Bulldozer looks like it's gonna be a big pile of fail. But hey, I could be wrong. There are definitely people here who'd disagree with me, but I think there'd be more who'd agree than not :p
Site is up again for me finally! I'll post up in 10 mins or so

Yep, IMO right now Bulldozer looks like it's gonna be a big pile of fail. But hey, I could be wrong. There are definitely people here who'd disagree with me, but I think there'd be more who'd agree than not :p
Site is up again for me finally! I'll post up in 10 mins or so

Hey as an AMD user for about two years I'm optimistic....... But seriously I think your correct, I know from what has been leaked that yet again AMD will be behind by what looks like 20 to 40% depending on model. It's sad because I remember the Original FX line and the glory days:) Unless your running multiple cards or doing serious editing and such even the current AMD processors do quite well. With that said if I wasn't waiting for BD and BF3 to upgrade I would do an Intel build.

Hey as an AMD user for about two years I'm optimistic....... But seriously I think your correct, I know from what has been leaked that yet again AMD will be behind by what looks like 20 to 40% depending on model. It's sad because I remember the Original FX line and the glory days:) Unless your running multiple cards or doing serious editing and such even the current AMD processors do quite well. With that said if I wasn't waiting for BD and BF3 to upgrade I would do an Intel build.

so looks like i'm going with intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom