living in canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReCoiL

Baseband Member
I'm putting together a computer and I think that we're at a certain unfair disadvantage. I've compared the prices for the same products on tigerdirect.com and its Canuck counterpart. I've found that with the Exchange rate, the US parts are still MUCH* cheaper. In fact, if I use newegg.com, I can even pocket more cash. Are there any ways to get around this? Or am I stuck in this paradoxal problem?

There's huge tariffs if you import from the USA. Why can't NewEgg open a Canadian counterpart? :(

maybe they lack knowledge about canada, and they still think we need running water up here before computer parts. your best bet is to use www.pricenetwork.ca search for your goods, and find a store near you with a low price.

yeah, there's no such thing as "free trade". Look at the prices for the same items between tigerdirect.ca or ncix.com and newegg.com. Even if you factor in exchange rate, the US sites still let save you bundles.

the thing about using pricenetwork.ca is that it gives you alotta nice sites for a specific product(s), but I need one of those comprehensive sites with a large list for every category, such as newegg or tigerdirect.com. I did manage to find a radeon 9600xt for 180 bucks in Ontario on pricenetwork though :)

Well duh, if you've ever looked on a book in the US its about 4$ more for canada.

Those in the UK can get it better cause you have a better exchange rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom