ThermalRight Heatisnks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I wanted to get the Thermalright XP-90 Aluminum heatsink because the XP-120 is too large, and too expansive for me, but I was wondering...what is the benefit of heatpipes exactly...I have a theory (transfers heat better?...) but I want to know for sure if it's worth the money. Second, this heatsink is aluminum, and supposedly copper is better...so I was wondering if this heatsink is just as good as regualr copper heatisnks? Please post comparisons, or any other heatsink suggestions for the same price as the Thermalright XP-90. Oh, and what fan should I use for good cooling with reletevily silent performence on the XP-90. Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated. :)

This heatsink is great im guessing this is for a amd 64 or a pent 4 this heatsink is designed for the use if the xp 120 is to large to fit.You can also put a vantec tornado for max cooling.

yeah I did hear that the Tornado series have really high performance rating...but they are really loud right? I could connect it to a rheostat...but if that dies then my CPU would die as well right?

Yes its loud yes its high preformance i think if the cpu would overheat due to no fan power the mobo should shut the system off before causing damage but thats on certain mobos. Not sure bout msi via kt4v.

yeah I did hear that the Tornado series have really high performance rating...but they are really loud right
Yes they really are that loud....mind you I first said to myself 'whatever these guys don't know what loud is, the sound doesn't bother me I want cooling!' nah man, without a fan controller it's just too loud to put up with really, you can definitely hear it outside a room. Some motherboards have an option like 'CPU Fan Failure shutoff' so if it notices your CPU fan has stopped then it'll shut down to prevent overheating, but like he said I'm not sure about KT4V, I have the MSI KT6V and it has MSI CoreCenter which features that function.

O.k thanks for that information. However, back to my first questions..do u guys actually recommend the XP-90, or do you recommend anything else, heatsink with fan included or not, it doesn't matter. Post reviews, or comparisons preferably. And what about the aluminum over copper as I asked in my original post (above). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom