Building! Please Check !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atxalex

Solid State Member
Hello , i am making a new desktop..:)

I am getting .

MotherBoard-
Biostar TA890GXE Motherboard - AMD 890GX, Socket AM3, USB, DDR3, HDMI, DVI, PCIe

Cpu/Processor-
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0 GHz 4x512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor

RAM-
Patriot PGV38G1333ELK Gaming i5 8GB PC10666 RAM - DDR3, 1333MHz, 2x4096MB, 9-9-9-24

Case-
Aerocool VX-R Gamer MidTower Case - ATX/MicroATX, Fan Control

Power Supply-
Ultra X4 400-Watt Modular Power Supply - 90mm Fan, MicroATX,

Graphics Card-
XFX HD-567X-ZNL3 Radeon HD 5670 Video Card - 1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), DVI, HDMI, VGA, DirectX 10.1, Single-Slot

Hard Drive-
Seagate ST31000520AS Barracuda LP Hard Drive - 1TB, 5900RPM, 32MB, SATA-3G

Cd Dvd Drive-
Sony Optiarc AD-7260S-0B 24x DVDRW Drive - 24x, S-ATA, Black, OEM

Custom Pc.
Please Tell Me if all will fit. and will work properly.

What is your budget?

I'm making something along those lines, but I'm using a few old pieces.

Just a suggestion: Get an am3/am3+ motherboard so you can get a new cpu later on that is a am3+. Cheaper end am3+ will cost you 70-140$.
My'n personally is going to be 150$. More then anything I will ever need.

8 gig is overkill tbh. There is nice g.skill in my thread for 43$ for 4 gigs. It's clocked better too.

The PSU is cutting it close. I would personally go for 500-600watt PSU. No suggestions from me though.

I knew way more about computers about 4-5 years ago, just been out of the game for a bit.

I would definitely get a different power supply. I don't know any right off the top for a micro-build, which I believe is what you are assembling, but you will be pushing the limits of the one you have selected.

personally the PSU is one of the most important things. If you don't have enough power you will never run right, but if you go cheap on the power supply to get more power you may have unstable power, which is worse than to little because it will fry your hardware.

And like RossNews said if you can find in your budget you should try to get a MOBO with the newest am3+. So you could upgrade later and not have to completely rebuild.

I am not an expert at this so take my advice and think about it. If it makes sense use it. Oh and Rep me by hitting the star.

I just took a look at the MOBO you picked out. It doesn't have the strongest reviews. It would be wise to evaluate multiples. Take a look at newegg.com. The site shows you better details about boards and other hardware than Amazon. Amazon is great to buy from just not great to find details.

oh and by the way generally it is a convenient feature if you post your budget. That way others can help out by suggesting parts list and links are quite beneficial too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom