My First buil, need advise, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeith1821

Beta member
I am looking to build a computer with my son, it will be used by him primarily to play World Of Warcraft online and a few other games that i'm not sure of. I also need it to perform some low to medium level buisness applications. Below is a link to what I considering and was just hoping for some feedback before I order everything. I'm mainly concerned about compatibility and that the performance would be good enough to perform the tasks mentioned above.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

That is a kick *** build my friend.
You probably don't even need that much power but if you can, I say go for it.
Everything seems to be good, you probably don't need the 8GB of RAM, games today don't need more than 4GB.

That is one ****** PC. But if he is going to spend that kind of cash he might as well get 8gigs of ram. Better safe than sorry. I have 8gigs of ddr3 and it always says a little over 6 gigs free.. but i don't really do alot of multitasking. I say go for 8. Just makes sense with that build IMO. And yes everything looks compatible. With this build you probably wont need to upgrade for a very long time

Thanks for the response guys. Thats exactly what I was gong for (not having to upgrade soon) the only upgrade we would consider in a couple of years is possibly another GPU to set up a crossfire arrangemant and also by then I anticpate SATA III to be the standard and SSD's to be as large as HDD's are now for around the same money. Who knows what the future brings, it's just nice to have the ability to stay up with the new games coming out at least till my son grows up. (he's 13 now)

Yeah, you will stay up with new games with no problem.
And like cp0020 said if you want go with 8GB, I personally use 8GB and the only reason is I have a bunch of VM running all the time. Even with those I have a ton of RAM available so you will be fine.
Cheers, enjoy your PC building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom