Audigy 2 remote???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyLoxy

Daemon Poster
I have the Createive Audigy 2zs Platinum sound card. I have never been able to get the remote to do... whatever it is its supposed to do. it says nothing in the manual and i cant find much on the internet. i put new batteries in it. ... im not sure.. what program im supposed to be running or what but it doesnt do anything.. (i have both the pci sound card and the front bay control .. drive(?).. installed successfully). :confused:

oh btw i have the stupid little white long remote and not the nicer black short one. i have a black comp and already had to get a new faceplate for it... *sigh*

any help appreciated. thanks

I have the original audigy and you have to use creative remote center for that then you tell that program what other programs to use with the remote.. Its pretty simple and Im sure it came with your audigy 2. Im not sure if creative remote center is the same program they bundle with the audigy 2 as I dont own a Audigy 2.

You have to install the software to work with the remote. The software includes a media player that can be accessed with the remote. Install creative media source. Then you will be able to use your remote.

I forgot to mention i do have the software installed and at some point (possible on a previous install) i recall seeing remote center and i think i tried it (i wanted to try it anyway) but i dont remember what happened. i cant single it out on the driver cd so i found it elsewhere and downloaded the new updates and remotecenter, but ofc it wants me to restart which i dont have time to do quite yet so ill wait to see what it does.

Also while im in Skype i have to restore soundcard defaults all the time to get my mic to work. not sure why that is, maybe i should just reinstall my SC drivers. maybe its my sp2 eh Kevz!!! ;)

A tip when getting your mic to work, I have the same problem, when I open up a program that uses it, its not on. I go start > programs > accesories > entertainment > volume control, once in the play center you click options then properties, and change it from play back to recording. Now you can talk with your mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom