Gaming rig build; In need of suggestions and Help finding video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flores

Baseband Member
Hey guys this is my first build, the main task of the system will be gaming I want to be able to run the newest games at high settings(Mostly in anticipation of Battlefield 3). Pretty sure I want this CPU and the PSU seems good. However ever I'll take any suggestions here.

Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

These are what I'm not to sure about
MoBO: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Ram: Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
GPU: ??? : [

Also thinking of getting an SSD however I'm not sure if it would really be worth it.

So this is what I have so far, any suggestions to make it perform better or shave a few bucks off would be GREATLY appreciated

Gaming is partly cpu and alot gpu.

Whats your budget, a nice option is a gtx 560 amd 6950. Check reviews for the games you plasy to see how they actually run.

But so far its not bad. The rsam is suspect as the timings are 11. Lower is better.

Firstly thanks for the reply!
Over all budget for just the desktop at the moment is hopefully at about 1,300. Not including a Monitor, accessories etc. I was actually checking out a GTX 560 earlier on newegg, most reviews seemed good but a couple had me a little iffy about its longevity. As for the ram thanks for the tip, do you have any suggestions for specific type?

Edit: Lol just noticed a recent thread about another guy wanting to build a sandy bridge system for BC3. Thought it would be funny to point out.

Yha its a common type thread, but its the budget that changes.

As forf reviews... newegg isnt that reliable, and buying from a good company will ensure a long warrentee.

Theres the same ram but at 1600mhz and a 9 latency which is perfect, and 15 bucks less.

Welcome to TF too.

Thanks man.
I'll def switch out the ram to the one your recommending. And I'll keep looking into those two cards

The GTX 560 Ti is also a really good card. You can get a superclocked one for about $225 here. The GTX 560 Ti is already a tiny bit better than the 6950 from what I've seen, and superclocking it makes it even better. It's also only about $25 more than what I saw the cheapest 6950 for.

Sorry for the delayed response. I went ahead ordered the parts recently and one shipment is scheduled to arrive today and the other tommorow I can't wait.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you both for the advice I did end up choosing to go with the 560 and purchased the one linked by yerfdog. The only thing left is too build it lol oh and look at some CPU cooling options. Thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom