How cheap can you build a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
The questions been on my mind... I don't know why :tongue:
requirements:
Must have all basic components except CD / DVD drive (an OS can be installed with a memory stick), a keyboard, monitor, and a mouse.

You can use any site you want (Newegg, TigerDirect, etc.. not Craigslist, eBay,etc.) and have the cart split in any way you want.

no tax or shipping in total price, either.

get to it :tongue:

EDIT: and if this should go in the off topic forum (This is more for fun than anything to me), please move it.

CPU/MOBO/GFX: $48 Newegg.com - Open Box: ASRock PV530 VIA PV530@1.8 GHz VIA NanoBGA2 VIA VX900 Micro ATX Motherboard/CPU Combo
HDD: $13 Newegg.com - Recertified: Western Digital WD400BD-00MRA1 40GB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -
CASE/PSU: $25 Newegg.com - APEVIA ATX998KL Beige Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 250W Power Supply
RAM: $12 Newegg.com - Rendition by Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model RM12864BA1339 (should be downclocked automatically? Not sure if 1333-800 is too big a step tho)

Total: $98
AWWW_YEAH_RE_Funny_Pictures_3-s250x196-182807.png

SOULphIRE - Good start but you left off the monitor, keyboard and mouse which were part of the OP's requirements.

I wasn't expecting anything this cheap :omg: I was thinking around $200.. This has been informative :thumbsup:

Cheapest PC capable of running any and all current gen games at at least 30 fps on 1080p (any settings otherwise)? That would be interesting. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom