Keyboard acting up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
Some time ago the fan in my laptop became really loud and there was no other option than to get it fixed. It was still under warranty and I also told them about the keyboard issue I have with it. The thing is that some times while I am typing the cursor for some unknown reason likes to jump around. For instance it may jump many rows up or down and/or sideways. I told the tech guys about this issue but they misunderstood what I was talking about and they just tested every key and when realized they all work they said it was O.K.

the cursor jumping around is your thumbpad or the heel of your hand hitting the touchpad. Disable the touchpad and use a mouse.

if that isn't an option, disable tap to click.

the cursor jumping around is your thumbpad or the heel of your hand hitting the touchpad. Disable the touchpad and use a mouse.

if that isn't an option, disable tap to click.

Depends if he means the text cursor (the "|") or the mouse cursor.

Yeah, I mean the text cursor. I have many times observed my self typing to try and spot any mistakes if any I was making but so far I do not think I have noticed any thing that would make the cursor behave like that.

Try using some canned air to blow out the keyboard; there may be something stuck under the keys (crumbs?).

Could try taking the keyboard off of the laptop and checking the connection to make sure its secure as well.

I just did that but besides some dust and hair there was not any thing obvious. I am not one of those who has a habit of eating and using the computer at the same time.

Well like I said, the other options is to check the connection with the keyboard and laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom