Giving it the once-over

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarner7264

Beta member
Hi all,

I am about to construct my first PC from scratch, and have selected the following components:

----------

Case: Asaka Freedom Xone

Power Supply Unit: 430W True Power Silent ATX PSU

CPU: Intel Core i5 661 Socket LGA1156

CPU cooling unit: Zalman CNPS9900A

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D EVO Socket LGA1156

Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTS450 1GB PCI-Express

RAM: Komputerbay 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR3 DIMM (240 pin) 1333Mhz

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5 SATA 6GB Internal

DVD Drive: LiteOn 24x Internal DVDRW SATA

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

----------

Would someone with a little more experience than myself be able to go over these and confirm that there are no incompatibilities present?

Many thanks in advance for your kind attention and assistance.

Everything will work.

The PSU looks like a cheap one. Get something like a Corsair or Antec. You need at least 550W with that setup.

I never heard of Komputerbay. I would go with 1600, though. Get G.Skill Ripjaws.

For HDD, Get a Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB. Micj more speed.

Goodness that was a quick response!

Possible reason you've never heard of Komputerbay is that I'm on here from the UK :p

I shall certainly take your kind advice on the HDD and the higher wattage requirements, for which many thanks.

However on the RAM, I have purchased from Komputerbay on numerous occasions and have always found their hardware to be top quality - and these come with a lifetime guarantee.

I'm relieved to be told that I've done my homework properly :p

Thank you for your help!

I'm on in the morning, (afternoon for you) scouring the forums. I just happened to see your post. ;)

I know of UK branded RAM, but I never heard of that one. But if you used it before and know it works well, go with it!

Change your motherboard and cpu to socket 1155. Get a Intel i5 2400, 2500 series cpu instead. The one you have is last gen. parts.

Possible reason you've never heard of Komputerbay is that I'm on here from the UK :p
I'm in the UK, never heard of Komputerbay before ;)

What budget do you have for this build? You're better off getting a socket 1155 i5, rather than an older 1336 socket one. They're not much more expensive (twenty quid maybe - the old i5s have never come down in price) and are worth the extra.
Edit Ah, brinks already beat me to saying that. But yeah, I agree with him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom