First Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK cool, I guess it is just a thing about me having to have the best processor that I stuck to the i7, so I'll be getting the i5 2500k now, cause I don't plan on doing video editing. Also I tried the calculators and couldn't find out how to find the vcore of an overclocked CPU, I Googled it, but couldn't find anything. anyone know how to find this?

I hate asking so many questions, but I guess if there is a need, I have to ask. Can anyone suggest any good (and fairly large) cases for under $100 the one i have picked seems to be too small for almost every CPU heatsink

EDIT
I think I'll get this cooler: Zalman CNPS9900NT Low-noise 120mm Green LED CPU Cooler (umart title)

Cheers, the HAF is massive, should be good and has heaps of cooling, thanks Night Fox. I seem to have everything bar the PSU, but the HAF comes with one so i think i'm set. Thank you so much for you're help everyone, you guys are the best. For anyone who is interested, this is what I have selected:

CPU: Intel core i5 2500k
Motherboard: Intel BLKDP67BGB3 P67 DDR3 1155 PCIEx16 SATA3 USB3 GLAN ATX
Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX560 Ti
Memory: G Skill 8G(2x4G) x2 (16G)
HDD: WD 2TB SATA3 Black
Case: Coolermaster HAF 922
Blu-ray reader/writer: LGE BH10LS30 Black BlueRay SATA LightScribe Writer Retail
CPU cooling: Zalman CNPS9900NT Low-noise 120mm Green LED CPU Cooler

Can save yourself some $ and just get 8GB of RAM, from what I was told on this thread gaming won't even utilize the 8GB and 16 is just over the top.

You'd probably be fine with a 500w PSU, might want to grab a 650w for some wiggle room though (use the $ you saved on RAM and CPU). I don't think anyone in this community would promote the use of a PSU that comes with a case.

Oh? Thanks Roark, jw, will the fans in this case still work with a different PSU, thank you. I'm over clocking the CPU, would that mean i need more ram, or should i be set anyway with 8G

Fans are indiscriminate about where they get their power from as long as they're getting it, they have no brand bias, its up to you to be biased.

As I understand it, when OC'ing it isn't about how much ram you have but how fast it is. I believe the current standard to be 1600 and as low a CAS as you can find/afford.

Well then, after this question I believe I am set, if I get 650W will it hurt the PC if it only needs say 500W? Other then that thank you everyone, +reputation for all of you

It won't hurt your PC if you have a larger PSU, the components only draw what they need from whats available.
The only thing you may hurt is the efficiency of the PSU (essentially paying the power company for electricity the PSU is wasting). Check out the slight bell curve for the Corsair 650HX efficiency, there is a sweet spot around 50% load.

OK cool, I guess it is just a thing about me having to have the best processor that I stuck to the i7, so I'll be getting the i5 2500k now, cause I don't plan on doing video editing. Also I tried the calculators and couldn't find out how to find the vcore of an overclocked CPU, I Googled it, but couldn't find anything. anyone know how to find this?

The biggest thing on cpu, is IB, ivorybridge is about to drop and it uses the 1155 socket too. They'll be hex cores, so right now the 2500 is great, than in a year uprade to a hex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom