help! computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to fry the CPU nowadays unless you're going for "suicide runs" and it heats up or you apply too much voltage... And by only increasing it by 200mHz, and not increasing any voltage, I'm going to doubt you fried it. I've had unstable OC's before and had to reset by BIOS because of it, so I'm sure your CPU is fine. I'm not really sure how much this guy knows about computers...but he seems to be a bit misinformed...

Yeah hopefully. Lol. If that doesn't work, I read on another site to switch the jumper, turn it on for a minute then turn it off and switch the jumper back. Where is the jumper and where would I move it to? Just in case. Again.... thanks for your help

If you mean the clear CMOS jumper, that does the same thing as removing the battery.

But, that site is doing it wrong... You're NEVER supposed to turn the computer on while you have the jumper set to the clear jumpers. You can damage the motherboard by doing that (read your motherboard manual and you'll see). The jumpers are there in case the battery is hard to get.

yesss! i had alot of trouble trying to pull the battery so i looked at the mobo book and did the clear cmos thing and it worked. sigh!!! thank god! thanks so much for your help man. i was stressing all day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom