help! computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp0020

In Runtime
So I went into my BIOS to overclock my processor. I overclocked it from 3.4ghz to 3.6ghz I saved the changes and it restarted the computer. Everything turned on, CPU fan is running too. But nothing comes on screen and the startup beep isn't beeping. I have a biostar a880g+ with a Phenom II 965 BE

Reset your BIOS settings to defaults. Do this by turning off the computer, unplug it from power, and press the power button a few times to drain any remaining power. Then on your motherboard, remove the silver coin battery for about 15 seconds. Place it back in, plug your computer back in, and turn it back on.

Just left for work so I will do that as soon as I get back. Not sure why this happpened though cause I only increased the speed up 200mhz. And the CPU fan is plugged into the mobo so it has to be working. So has this happened to anyone else? And you think that would fix it? Sorry man I'm just freaking out a little lol

YOu said it started when you OC's your CPU. So resetting the BIOS to its default values should fix it.

You probably had an unstable OC; hence why it didn't boot. Did you increase any voltages at all? Or did you just increase the clock by 200mHz and that's it? More than likely you needed to increase voltages as well.

Yeah I didn't touch any voltages. Its just weird cause you'd think it would still turn on.... just be a little unstable. But I'll give that a shot when I get back home. Really appreciate your help bro

Not necessarily. If you increase the clock and its not receiving enough power, then the computer won't boot. Or it could just be very unstable; it really depends on the chip/clock/voltages involved. And no problem; good luck with it.

Yeah it is a cheap mobo too. Yeah I was freaking out cause I just built this a few days ago and I already messed it up lol but yeah. The CPU fan was working and its plugged into the mobo so it has to still be working.

Lol well hopefully resetting the BIOS solves your issue. Try not to freak out too much anymore :p.

Ill try.... buy today is going to go by soooo slow! Lol it better work cause I was having fun playing the witcher 2 and fear3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom