Problem with feeding laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiXiS

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a problem. I have laptop, battery, which is to recharge computer, a peace, which is nessesary to fit into a computer's hole. When I trying to recharge, the battery shows that everything is fine and working perfectly. But computer shows "under alternating voltage" and does not recharging... Only stays at 8% power and nothing else.

Who's fault: computer's battery, charge battery, system information, a piece which is nessesary to fit into a computer ar something else?

Thank you.

I assume he means "piece" as in the charger, and "hole" as in the charging port.

I would try a different battery or a different charger if you can (borrow a friend's or go to a computer shop and see if they have a spare one of the same model).

I would also check the output voltage/amperage of the charger to make sure its outputting the proper amount. You can do this with a digital multimeter and by comparing the output values that are shown on the charger label.

I assume he means "piece" as in the charger, and "hole" as in the charging port.

I would try a different battery or a different charger if you can (borrow a friend's or go to a computer shop and see if they have a spare one of the same model).

I would also check the output voltage/amperage of the charger to make sure its outputting the proper amount. You can do this with a digital multimeter and by comparing the output values that are shown on the charger label.

Yes, exactly that I had in mind.

What if I don't have a digital multimeter? Or there's in computer somewhere (ex.: BIOS)?

Thank you. I'll try to change.

You'll need to buy one or borrow one. Like I said, go down to your local computer/electronics repair shop. Ask them if they can check the voltage of your power adapter (not on your computer, but the cord that plugs into the wall). Have them check to see if its outputting the right voltage/amperage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom