I need an XP Audio Mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
I'm working on my parents computer, and I have an interesting question for everyone out there.

Ever since I installed XP, there has been no sound. We upgraded from 2000, and everything else is going fine.

I've heard that ISA isn't compatable with XP, so we had to toss that one. I've obtained 3 different PCI sound cards, and have had no luck with any of them...

Here's what happens with everyone:
I installed all the drivers, and software, and it completley recognizes it under the device manager. I check the audio properties and all the volume controls, record volume ect are greyed out and saying that there is no device installed. Also, when I check the volume control under Acessories --> Entertainment, it gives me this crap: "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware."

The supid part is, under the sound properties there is an audio mixer device, and it is apparently running fine.

Is there an XP mixer device that I might be missing, or this old mother board may not be compatable.

Oh ha, by the way, the sound card I'm testing is a MadDog Predator 5.1 DSP. So its not a no name brand.

The requirements also call for a PCI 2.0 slot, does anyone know what that is. How new is it.

They have an intel mobo, with award bios. 320mb sdram 700mhz P3.

Any help with this long post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Joe

Try different speakers? Not to sound stupid, but make sure you have the cords attached to the motherboard correctly, it can happen... ;)

oh, believe me, Ive tried different speakers. Even when I open windows media player, and try to play something, it says there is a problem with your audio device. Thank anyways thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom