any way to get fire wire signle to a laptop without Firewire or express card slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coasterball4

Beta member
I am needing to buy a new laptop that ill use on the road to record live audio from a audio interface that uses firewire. I have been searching for hours and it seems that firewire and express card slots (i have a firewire to express card slot adaptor) are no long being made on laptops. I contacted a few companies that confirmed that.

Other than firewire and express card Is there away to get a firewire signal into a laptop?? via usb maybe? I have yet to find another adaptor.

Or is there a current laptop that can do it that is between $800-$1000 with a good processor?

Any help would be great!!!

I thought Firewire was that slimmer USB port. Not a wireless thing. Unless you mean Bluetooth or Mobile Broadband.

Firewire is simular to USB 2.0. it is a cable that is use to transmit data at a high rate. but it seems it is being phased out and adaptors are hard to come by that arent the express card slot type of adaptors.

You're right, laptops with express card slots are becoming rarer, but they're not phased out completely. You sure that it wouldn't be cheaper to buy a different audio capture device than a whole new laptop just to be able to use an outdated thing like firewire? Assuming it's 4-pin, but heck even 8-pin fw cables are beaten by thunderbolt and usb3 these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom