My First PC Build! (Help, please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are you planning on playing? This computer will be very expensive and also extremely powerful, if you plan on playing games like WoW or Minecraft you dont need this much stuff.

If this really is your first PC build, I dont think you need this much power, there are few people who do. Mostly just extreme gamers or video editors, this whole thing is going to run you $2705 no tax, os or shipping.

I have to ask, do you really need this strong of a computer?

Now to actually answer your question of is this a good setup, yes, I think it looks just fine.

What exactly are you planning on playing? This computer will be very expensive and also extremely powerful, if you plan on playing games like WoW or Minecraft you dont need this much stuff.
Most likely TES V Skyrim, Arma 2 & 3, Crysis 1 & 2, STALKER series. Maybe a few other games who knows. Now based on your knowledge do you think this computer will last a while depending on what's coming out in the future? I know I can upgrade, but just wondering.

Stating what you said above, I might look for a lot cheaper stuff and upgrade in the future. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm new in the computer building so I'm not sure what is overkill and what isn't exactly.

Most likely TES V Skyrim, Arma 2 & 3, Crysis 1 & 2, STALKER series. Maybe a few other games who knows. Now based on your knowledge do you think this computer will last a while depending on what's coming out in the future? I know I can upgrade, but just wondering.

Stating what you said above, I might look for a lot cheaper stuff and upgrade in the future. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm new in the computer building so I'm not sure what is overkill and what isn't exactly.

Lol gotcha, well just for a reference, this is an overkill. not nearly as much as I initially thought because of all the games you are playing. To answer your question though, technology is always moving forward, so u will never have the best always, but this computer would definitely last you a very long time. My piece of crap computer that im currently on lasted me 4 years, and it isnt 1/5 as good as the one you're planing on building.

Lol gotcha, well just for a reference, this is an overkill. not nearly as much as I initially thought because of all the games you are playing. To answer your question though, technology is always moving forward, so u will never have the best always, but this computer would definitely last you a very long time. My piece of crap computer that im currently on lasted me 4 years, and it isnt 1/5 as good as the one you're planing on building.

You think yours is crap? I had windows 98 since release! I just recently got this laptop earlier this year for work and such. Good luck on your computer man! (newegg ftw!)

A little advice: most expensive is not always the best way to go.

Go with a 1155 2600K. Trust me on this one.

Change the mobo to this one:
Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

There's no need for a 1200W PSU unless you are running a quad GPU setup. Try looking at a 750W as a max.

The 1155 socket uses dual channel RAM, So a set of 2x4GB would be good. I would recommend some G.Skill Ripjaws 1600, the lower the latency the better.

A Green drive = slow to save energy. Go with a Vertex 3 SSD for your OS drive and a WD Black (250-500GB) for your programs. If you want a lot of storage then get a large (1TB or bigger) as a third drive.

You don't have a case. I would recommend a full tower for best air circulation. Check out the Coolermaster HAF line.

Also, if you plan on overclocking you will want a better cooler. Check out some of Slaymate's reviews for some good ones.

A little advice: most expensive is not always the best way to go.

Go with a 1155 2600K. Trust me on this one.

Change the mobo to this one:
Newegg.com - Logitech M510 Black 5 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Mouse

There's no need for a 1200W PSU unless you are running a quad GPU setup. Try looking at a 750W as a max.

The 1155 socket uses dual channel RAM, So a set of 2x4GB would be good. I would recommend some G.Skill Ripjaws 1600, the lower the latency the better.

A Green drive = slow to save energy. Go with a Vertex 3 SSD for your OS drive and a WD Black (250-500GB) for your programs. If you want a lot of storage then get a large (1TB or bigger) as a third drive.

You don't have a case. I would recommend a full tower for best air circulation. Check out the Coolermaster HAF line.

Also, if you plan on overclocking you will want a better cooler. Check out some of Slaymate's reviews for some good ones.

This, but I think he meant to link to a motherboard. Sabertooth maybe?

Also, from what I've seen, two GTX 560 Ti's in SLI perform better than a single GTX 580, and they'd be cheaper, or the same price. Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card These are only about $220 each after mail-in rebate and they're superclocked.

If you don't need any other PCIe cards, this PSU would have enough PCIe cords for your computer.

And yeah, HAF is good. Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case That should be a good full ATX tower for it.

Fixed the link. After looking at the Sabertooth I would have to recommend it instead, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom