Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats perfect. You already got all the parts? That was really fast

Holy **** Windows 7 is expensive. That's like half the price of the whole computer

Just wait a bit now, see if anyone wants to offer any other suggestions. We're in the least busy time period of the forum atm. Otherwise yha go for it! And yha the OS is expensive :S are you a student? I think you can get a discount if you are.

the graphics card supports HDMI 1080p so that means that I could in fact use my t.v. as my monitor, tight! Now all I have to do is sell my ps3, 360, my current computer, and get a summer job. Just give me 3 weeks it will be MINE!!!!!

High School, but not a college student.

Also, if something goes horribly wrong, will someone like geek squad help me fix the mistake?

If something goes horribly wrong you can post up here. We'll help identify what's gone wrong and how to fix it and/or if you should RMA any components

Assemble using these instructions. Don't work on carpet, try not to touch any of the gold pins on the bottom of the graphics card or ram, and *before* and during this process, you should occasionally touch an exposted metal part on the case (to discharge any static electricity buildup, also why we don't work on carpet ;))

1. Take the motherboard out of its box and lay it on top of the anti-static bag it comes in.

2. Install the RAM in the blue slots. They only fit one way around, so make sure you don't force them. The clips on the ends of the slots on the mobo should snap down firmly.

3. Install the CPU. Again, it will only fit one way around. Be careful not to bend any of the pins in the CPU socket on the motherboard when you're installing this. The heatsink installs by just pushing down on the 4 plastic pins when you've got it lined up over the CPU.

4. Unpack the case and install the standoffs. They're what the motherboard sits on top of, and what the screws will screw into to keep the motherboard in place.

5. Install the motherboard in the case

6. Install the Optical drive and Hard Drive. Plug the Sata cables into the motherboard and connect these devices too at this time. Connect them to the two white Sata ports (next to the 4 black ones)

7. Install the Power Supply. If where you are is particularly dusty, install it with the fan facing the inside of the case. If not, face the fan to the bottom of the case.

8. Install the Graphics Card in the blue slot that's closest to the cpu (on the underside, not the blue ram slot lol)

9. Connect the power cables from the Power Supply to the motherboard, hard drive, optical drive, and graphics card.

10. Boot up!

Another tip, read the manuals that come with the parts...most motherboards come with manuals on how to set everything up, which will be a great help.

I am a noob to all this to, but I thought the AMD route was cheaper then the intel? Maybe if cost is a factor it might be best to look at an AMD processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom