Clear hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
Hello,

I recently upgraded my computer so that I have a SSD with windows on it and a secondary driver to store everything else. However, on that old drive i currently have windows 7 on it with all of my data (which is backed up on a portable drive now). I want to erase all of the data off of the secondary drive so that it will have all of its space available on it.

What is the best way of doing this? I don't need to do any sort of fancy erasing (like beyond recovery), but just need the space available.

Thanks.

Easy thing would be to just format the drive, make sure you have everything first tho and then you restore the data from your backup
Don't need any fancy program, especially since you are going to be reusing it
That would be my opinion

That sounds good, except I've never formatted a drive before. Do I just right click on it and choose format? What setting do I choose if there are any?

I'd recommend GParted, but that might be a bit over your head.

Yeah, you just right click, format. All the options in there would be set right for your drive.

I don't really have any needs for partitions. It is really just a place to store stuff and install programs to. I don't think partitions are really necessary.

Perfect then you're all set.
I'll just say it again make sure you have all the data you want and need in that backup, lots of friends screwed up and didn't check beforehand.

yeah i have triple checked everything to make sure its backed up. I have made a mistake like that in the past. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom