Blue screen on boot with no hardware or software changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteroc

In Runtime
My computer (Asus mobo, i7 -930, 6gb ddr3, 90-gb ocz vertex ssd) randomly started to blue screen on startup right after the loading windows 7 animation (doesnt even get to the desktop). This started right out of the blue (no pun intended). I had just used the computer a few hours ago, went to turn it on and came back to find that it was attempting to fix itself (windows recovery). It finished and restarted...but blue screened again. It puzzles me because it was just working a few hours ago. I have installed no new hardware since I built the computer. As far as I can remember no new software in the previous few days. No windows updates, only a few of the games that I play have updated the clients used to connect. I checked the temps in the bios screen and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I am typing this post from the very computer using the Asus Express Gate bios feature (more or less a bare bones linux distro sitting in the bios that live boots). This would seem to indicate that the processor/memory/power supply/video card are fine....am I right in assuming this? All that I can think is that the SSD that I use to boot my OS has failed in some way. Or maybe Windows 7 just crashed somehow?

Thanks for reading my wall of text, any help is appreciated!

can you run error tests on the SSD? maybe the manufacturer has a diagnostic program you could burn on a disc.
Can you boot in safe mode? I am guessing you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom