Low cost gaming cpu build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to both of you, this question is directed towards yerfdog's build. Would there be a large contrast in visual performance if i bumped the gtx 460 750 megs to a gtx 560 1 gig. Same question with bumping the amd 3.2 quad core to amd 3.2 6 core? thank you

could someone explain to me how rebates work? what the point of them are, in new eggs interest. Is it a hassle to get my money back and how does it come? (cash,check,coupons,...)

There would be an improvement, but not a huge one.

Depends on the rebate. Most mail in rebates are a check, some are a usable card (like a pre-paid Visa). A MIR card is usually a NewEgg credit for future purchases.

Thanks to both of you, this question is directed towards yerfdog's build. Would there be a large contrast in visual performance if i bumped the gtx 460 750 megs to a gtx 560 1 gig. Same question with bumping the amd 3.2 quad core to amd 3.2 6 core? thank you

could someone explain to me how rebates work? what the point of them are, in new eggs interest. Is it a hassle to get my money back and how does it come? (cash,check,coupons,...)

The six core probably wouldn't cause much improvement in gaming over the quad core.
You tell me if you think the improvement is worth the extra money with the GTX 560: Benchmark Results: Crysis 2 : The Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Review: Take Off Your Ti
(Btw, the GTX 460 768MB gets about 23 fps in Crysis on 1680x1050 res, very high details, 4xAA, 16xAF)

all cables will be included with parts and is there no need for a heat sink?

Newegg.com - ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/768MD5 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) , Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX550TXPB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
is there a difference in the quality of the products besides the obvious boost in version, due to the difference in makers

wow looks good with yerfdogs list before tax and rebate it comes out to 606$

Anything else someone can add that I dont know and should would be nice, Also thanks for holding my hand

all cables will be included with parts and is there no need for a heat sink?

The motherboard will come with one SATA connector, one IDE cable, and one SATA power adapter. You will need another SATA cable.

The CPU is a retail one so it will come with a stock heatsink. It's not the quietest cooler but it will work.

Newegg.com - ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/768MD5 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) , Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX550TXPB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
is there a difference in the quality of the products besides the obvious boost in version, due to the difference in makers

The 560 Ti is a more powerful card than the 460, no matter who it comes from. I would go with Asus as a brand over PNY, though. Get the 560 Ti from them.

wow looks good with yerfdogs list before tax and rebate it comes out to 606$

Anything else someone can add that I dont know and should would be nice, Also thanks for holding my hand

If you can swing it I would get a smaller WD Black drive for your OS and programs and use the 1TB drive for storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom