Low cost gaming cpu build

Status
Not open for further replies.

theleptonkid

Solid State Member
Well i built my last cpu when CS was top of the line and when g4 4600 cost 400$. Well I have been gaming with that cpu until about 2 months ago when my 50 gig hard drive died and decided I need a new cpu. Im poor as ****, my price range 600-800$ I dont need top of the line parts but would like to run new games at a smooth fps,dont need an OS or speakers, monitor and all that jazz. I was hoping someone who is more versed in the prices and good deals could figure me a build, thanks.

You mean a full computer build? A CPU is your processor. Not your whole system. What are your current specs? Motherboard manufacturer and model? RAM? HDD(s)? GFX Card? PSU?

No OS, do you have a retail version of whatever version of Windows you want on there? If it is OEM, you can't transfer it to another computer. Only Retail you can load it on another system, but it can not be run on two systems simultaneously.

What new games are you looking at playing?

Previous computer build is irrelevant. Sorry by cpu I meant Computer, so I need a full computer build. Yes, retail OS, Which is XP and its on my old cpu, will I beable to run that on my new cpu without getting the 30 day time period to get a new key? Games I want to play would be unreleased titles of 2011 at an average video setting with 50-60 fps and games like mount and blade warband at mabie a higher video setting. Thanks

Is there anything that can be carried over from your old system? Hard drives?

They don't make games in compatibility with XP any more. Most current games require DX11, which also is not compatible with XP.

You ne Windows 7 to be able to play those games, period.

XP is a 10 year old OS, not supported anymore. You are prone to attacks.

They don't make games in compatibility with XP any more. Most current games require DX11, which also is not compatible with XP.
as if big business dont make enough money

Say what you want. I'm telling you, it will not work, or won't work smoothly in XP. Your fault for not believing me/us. They do not fiddle with XP anymore, because the gamers do not use XP anymore. Same with drivers. There isn't a drastic need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom