Custom Athlon 3500+ PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
Hey everyone, im new here and i just started ordering parts for my first custom computer. I know alot about computers, just would like some help from more experienced people. So heres the system im builting.

Currently i just got a Athlon 3500+, and im gonna go with the ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Pro motherboard. Im going to get a 15000rpm hard drive. Im consetering a Seagate 18gb 15000rpm 80 Pin Ultra 320 SCSI Hard Drive. Now these are the things i need help with.

I was wondering if that motherboard supported that Seagate 15000rpm hard drive or any 15000rpm hard drives>?

My next question is, whats a good Heatsink/Fan i should go with supporting socket 939>?

Also if anyone has anything to say about the Athlon 3500+ proformance wish or anything i should know. Any information about the hardware i mentioned would be great.

Thank you for you time!

Yes ur mobo supports it, but u need an adapter, and ur looking at 120$ there.

I would just get a 74GB raptor at 10k rpm.

And any heatsink with copper bottom, and allu fins is good. AG3 knows the model. its in his SIG

Thanks alot, its been hard to find the right heatsink/fan for my motherboard. Im gonna order that heatsink this week.

Adaptor huh, that sucks. Do you have any idea what the adaptor is called,? so i can learn more about it. I recently been paying alot of attention to the 15000rpm hard drives. Im not interested in the 10000 rpm, they just started putting them in Alienwares, and other top line computers. But i noticed noone touch's the 15000rpm hard drives. Thats one of the reasons i want one besides the obvious performance. But another reason is that 15000rpm is gonna go good with my computer performance.

I noticed alot of people have been giving the new 3500+ some attention, heres a good review on athlon 3500+ and the top Intel processors. In that review you'll notice that the only Intel processor's that can compete with the 300$ 3500+ are 3.2 - 3.4ghz 2MB cache processors for 800$ +.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-3800_6.html

Im not sure which one it might be but as for the seagate 15k scsi hd's it could be the adaptec 320 card look into that if u like.

Wow thanks alot buddy, gosh those are expensive. Im guessing its gonna take me a little more time to build this computer since i have every intension to get a 15000rpm hard drive working for me. But once i start putting things togather im gonna have some pictures up for all you guys. I really appreciate the help.

So i have to apply one of those in my PCI slots connecting the hard drive from there?

Thanks for helping me out everyone its really helping ALOT!
Im not to sure what case im gonna go with. I was thinking somthing that looket very simple. But when all this high speed gear, im probably gonna need a Full Tower gamer case. I'll probably have to go with the Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A Super Tower with its 7 controlable fans.

Im achally in the middle of creating my own fan from the engine of a small house hold fan that you would put in the window. I know it sounds funny, but the engine is small and pretty powerful. Im gonna have to cut the case up some. Witch i never did and im sure you guys have done plunty of times lol. But Cutting the thermaltake up wont be fun...

Heres a great Review on the new Intel 3.6ghz Processor.

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=xeon36&page=1

I think thats how u do it just by putting it in the pci slot and connecting it from there but im not sure never have done so.
No it wouldent be fun to cut a xaser lll case unless you got one for free lol. What i would do is just buy a premodded case but those can be more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom