A Hyper Transport Sync Error occurred on last boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Just built a new system for someone (parts list), installed Win7 Ult x64 on it. Once I installed GPU drivers Iit is freezing up... sometimes with a black screen, sometimes with a white one, sometimes it just freezes. I do a hard shutdown to get out of it and I sometimes get this error on boot.

I have hit the net already and have bumped the voltage on the CPU by +.1 and the RAM to 1.8. No dice.

Ideas? I figure it is the CPU, possibly the mobo. If I have to I will pull my CPU and try it in this board. And no, the fourth core does not work so ACC is not in the equation.

My bet is on the CPU too, I'd swap them round and see if the error is duplicated on the other system and/or if the first system stops erroring

edit: I'm not savvy on OCing AMD processors so I don't know what limits they have, but if you can try raising the nb voltage as well as the cpu vcore a little more too. Again though, only if you know you safely can, I've got no idea how much voltage that chip takes.

I'm not hip on bumping the voltages as this PC will not be under my direct supervision. Should the BIOS be reset then... I will swap CPUs here in a bit once I have finished my morning 'net routine.

I will look the board over, Chuckles, but I doubt it is a capacitor since the board is brand new. This particular board is highly recommended for a mATX board; although some received bad ones they are the exception rather than the rules.

Swapped CPUs and nada. Literally, nothing. No POST, no beeps (even with the RAM removed from the board). Something is definitely whacked here. My next step is to try the x3 in my board...

EDIT:
Working fine in my rig, currently running Prime95 on all three cores. Looks like a mobo RMA, but I will test the RAM in my rig as well, just to be sure.

RMA submitted and approved, even got a free shipping label from NewEgg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom