Is liquid cooling worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just realized how crazy hot my place is, i have the stock cooler and my temp is around 40C, might need something insanely good for cooling
For stock cooling that isn't bad. I sit at ~37c with my cooler and a OC. Slay's cooler will do you fine and for air that is an insane cooler.

when i get the new cpu cooler, how to i go about applying the thermal paste, and do i need to remove the one that is on right now, from my old cooler?

Yes, you can use a coffee filter and rubbing alcohol to remove the old stuff.

Then use a small uncooked grain of rice size drop in the center, then I do very minor smudges in the 4 corners... Then attach the hsf evenly.

Youtube it if you need visuals.

i just realized how crazy hot my place is, i have the stock cooler and my temp is around 40C, might need something insanely good for cooling
Talk about cooling, looking at this Video will cool you down:

That is an insanely good way to cool your house.

Unless your into extreme OC the Stock Cooler will be 'OK' for overclocking.

To overclock well you need a Motherboard than can adjust the Clock in tiny increments for each Part and you need the Parts (new CPU, Memory, etc) that are tested for overclockability - along with a better cooler (CPU Fan).

BB has AC for $100 if that is all your planning to spend: http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&pcname=MCCPCatalog&q=Conditioner%205000&sp=BBY_en-CA_Site-WideSP&Category=Entire%20Site and you may well get more enjoyment out of it.

Unless your into extreme OC the Stock Cooler will be 'OK' for overclocking.

To overclock well you need a Motherboard than can adjust the Clock in tiny increments for each Part and you need the Parts (new CPU, Memory, etc) that are tested for overclockability - along with a better cooler (CPU Fan).

Stock cooling on 1156 chips suck. It will not overclock well, no matter how good your mobo is. Plus its more dependant on the cpu than the mobo. Infact a ****ty mobo and cpu can be clocked jut as high IF you cajn keep it al cool.

OCing is all about being cool, and the oem fan just sucks at it.

Btw, you don't just adjust the clocks, you need to add voltage to 3 or 4 parts, making everything hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom