Cant latch heat sink on CPU - Help fast, scared :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJMede

Solid State Member
So I'm currently trying to attach the heat sink to the CPU but its really flimsy and difficult, I'm worried about damaging the CPU.

The CPU is an AMD Phenom II Black edition
Please help!

I had the same problem earlier today. I was literally trying to force the heatsink on and it wouldnt go on for some reason so i took it off to see what the problem was .... turned out I forgot to pull the bar up and then place the CPU in and then lock it in place. still a little tricky to get the heatsink on but I got it. Was using a Phenom II 965 be. i was forcing the hel out of it too and when i found out what i did wrong the panic set in lol its all working great though and ive been on this thing all day and its not going past 32c

I had the same problem earlier today. I was literally trying to force the heatsink on and it wouldnt go on for some reason so i took it off to see what the problem was .... turned out I forgot to pull the bar up and then place the CPU in and then lock it in place. still a little tricky to get the heatsink on but I got it. Was using a Phenom II 965 be. i was forcing the **** out of it too and when i found out what i did wrong the panic set in lol

Ah I readjusted the CPU and put the heat sink on, it latched with some force, thanks! I'm just worried I forced it in too much ad damaged my mobo or CPU, I will find out though soon :(

Well I know that lol, I was pushing down against the motherboard though

Am3 stock heat sinks usually take a bit of force. As long as you used the force you needed and not excessive force, then you are fine.
Motherboards are a bit flexible too, it comes in handy many times during installation of components :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom