Computer Start up issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaRuZ

Beta member
Hey peeps first time to post here. My other PC recently 'crashed' on me. It was installing windows updates at the windows start-up screen when my nephew unplugged the power cord. Now every time I turn it on it boots up until the windows start-up screen and then says "Installing updates 3 of 3...Do not turn your computer off." and restarts itself. It does this over and over until I hold the off button.

I've tried F10-F12 for settings, options and even rebooting. I threw in my back-up/reboot disc and it wouldn't read it. I even went out and bought new RAM and swapped them out but still the same problem. It got to the point where F12 wouldn't let me access the reboot menu.

Here's a few specs for diagnostics, Idk if it's a virus or when it was unplugged it glitched the system.

AMD Athlon 3800
1024 MB mem
250GB hd
Vista Home Premium.

Average but used mostly for family. Thanks, much appreciated in advance.

Press F8 to get to the Window's list. Choose to restore it to an earlier date. Windows will make a restore point whenever it updates.

I just hooked it up and tried the F8 during start-up and loading windows, still does the same thing. Thanks though.

Do you get this list?

f8.png

It won't exactly be like that picture, but it will be similar

Try to go into safe mode or last good configuration. Do not start Windows as normal. That is your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom