Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
each time i start up the computer, before the windows login screen, a black screen comes up asking which operating system to run...there are 2 choices :

Windows XP Home (bootscreen) and...
Windows XP Home

wtf do i do about it?

You have probably changed your boot pic using BootXP or something.... you can either set the time to show this screen to "0" or get rid of it like TheMajor said...

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen)" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

First read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327101

I am not sure, if u are using StyleXP or a bootimage program u should leave the line with "kernel="

But I think the other line would work as well.

You will have this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen)" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe

or this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

the second one is the prefered setup. I have never seen the /Kernel switch before. That is very interesting...

Some programs like BootXP change the Ntoskrnl.exe and use the KERNEL= extension.

I would also use the last boot.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom