new build... what you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp0020

In Runtime
ok guys, this is my 1st post/thread so if i did something wrong i am sorry... so please dont flame. so i was on an extremely tight budget, like $570 max! and i wanted to build a decent gaming maching but also wanted to get some good parts so i can have a good pc for years. so tell me what you guys think. also... some of the stuff had promo codes for $10-$15 off and the RAM was a shell shocker deal for $59.99. here we go.

Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
got for $59.99 as a shell shocker deal

Newegg.com - Arctic Silver AA-14G Thermal Compound

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Newegg.com - ZyXEL NWD2105 IEEE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wireless N-lite Adapter Up to 150Mbps Wireless Data Rates WEP, WPA (WPA-PSK), WPA2 (WPA2-PSK)

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100326L Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

so all of this costed exactly $567.86. with free 3 day UPS shipping. everything will be here on monday the 20th. and remember... i was on an extremely tight budget and i could always upgrade my graphics card in the future when i have money. so you guys think its a decent build?

Its a good list. Pick up a aftermarket heat sink, and that'll last pretty good.

The hsf is to overclock it better. I wouldn't waste the artic silver on the oem hsf.

Yes the gpu is abit weak, but its not horrible. Plus gpus come out every other week, so you can never be on top.

Nice Job, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you and thank you :) yeah it took me literally 3 days of going all threw newegg and finding good deals and reading reviews.... and I've never built a computer from scratch so it took even longer going through everything to make sure it was all compatible..... a lot of Googleing lol

Don't buy the Arctic Silver, Newegg is out of Tuniq TX-2 but this Arctic Cooling MX-2 is another good brand. Your stock heatsink, that comes with the cpu, will have thermal paste pre-applied. So you won't need any to build the computer, but it doesn't hurt to have some on hand for future maintenance.

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound

i already bought it, wasnt sure if the stock heatsink would have it or not so i said screw it lol yeah i should have posted everything here first before i took the plunge. and now my only concern is that the mobo i got only has 2 plugs for fans. 1 of em being for the cpu fan. and the case i got has 3 built in fans. not sure if the power supply i got will have what i need to plug the fans in or if i need to buy something else. also hope that nothing comes DOA :/

edit... yeah and that mx-2 TC looks cooler too lol

ah! i just wasnt sure. never built a computer from scratch before... but thats one concern down... hopefully no DOA's. its gonna be fun putting all this together... lol so far this is the best forum i have ever been in. havent seen any flaming in any thread so far. been a member at xda for a few years and its just horrible over there.

I was 16 when I joined, and I'll be 19 this year. I hope to never leave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom