Laptop turning off itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hello TF people.
Okay this problem has happened once before and happened again today. I disconnected my laptop from the charger and worked on it with battery, then battery run out of juice so I went to plug in the laptop to the charger and continued working on it, but it turned off after a few minutes.
I turned it on again multiple times, it turned off just after seconds from going into the desktop every time ( it never lasted a minute on desktop )
I unplugged the battery and turned on with the charged multiple times, it turned off again.
I then turned it on with charger alone and it worked now.
Btw in the previous time it occured, I'm not sure if it happened all of a sudden or I unplugged the battery first just like this time.
This problem happened only after the re-installation of Windows XP on my laptop. What could be the problem?
Help appreciated. Thanks.
P.S : In the middle of my attempts of trial with charger and battery ( before the laptop worked normally again ), I turned on the laptop with the battery only and it worked.

Excuse me, what do you exactly mean by " does it get charged "?
And excuse me for my possible ignorance of this stuff, but how come there's a problem with the connection between battery and AC when the laptop turns off when there's charger only plugged in?

I didn't really notice exactly, but I believe it was being charged. Question is why does it turn off in case ( the case of unplugging laptop and using it ) but doesn't in other cases when the laptop isn't unplugged?

How can it run out of power when there's a charger plugged in? And even when the battery isn't plugged in?
And no I don't think it's a thermal shut down, would a thermal shut down be repeated like 5 times? My CPU's temp doesn't exceed 45C according to RealTemp.

It can shut down 100 times. Its you CPU telling you its getting too hot. But as your temps are 45, it that at 100 tjmax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom