My graphical upgrade FAILed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no i am not in NORWAY mountains neither in AFRICAN desert ... i am in middle of europe in a country named SLOVAKIA ... you wanted to know because of the temp right ?

No he wanted to know so he can help you find a parts dealer that ships to your country.

Correct. Most people here are US, UK Au or Cdn. With specles of Continental Europe, mainly cause its English.

Prices are dirt cheap in the the States and like 20-30% more in the UK and Au. Some bloke from Norway, or Finland was here and his prices hit like 50% over the States.

\i'll see what I can dig up for you... I think I found a German place once that was okay.

Edit

I found a Czech site that will probably work, and give relative picing.

http://www.czechcomputer.cz/product.jsp?artno=50178
Its a 500W with 2 17A rails which will give you good umph to match any upgrades.

There's a 400W version, but i'd suggest getting a bigger bone so as to not waste money if you plan on future upgrades.
http://www.czechcomputer.cz/product.jsp?artno=50178

no this is my last upgrade i just want to make my PC function again properly ... so only thign i need is a 400 W PSU or more right ? so the 420 LC Power LC420H v1.3 420W - Czech Computer | czc.cz ....... is relatively good yes ?

and dont know if this helps but ... idk if its a temp thing the one with the cable switching i mentioned but i found out that when its plugged to new graphics card and its showing no VIDEO INPUT and doesnt start the computer waits longer than it should than you hear the BEEP like the voltage check or something i leave the PC on for two minutes with the NO VIDEO INPUT still on screen and then i turn it off with pushing the turn off buton one time ... start it and it is all good ! it works !

No, that psu is abit crappy.

To see why, the psu I linked has 400W, and 2 17Amp rails. The LC one is 400W and 1 15 amp rail.

Amps are just as important as W, but its less advertised.

A good Amp value and a 400W will do you just fine. Look for atleast 20-30A total for the 12Vs and you should be good.

so EVOLVE Pulse 500 W should be enough ?

and i figured out the problem finally ... its with the starting procedure ... i start the PC no beep ... wait a minute then turn it off with singe turn of button press ... start it again and it all works ! ... so its definetly something with PSU right ?

Hmm, when you first push the button, do the fans start at all? Do you hear the hard drive start?

It could be a faulty power supply, or another part that is not passing the startup test.

I'm only guessing, but the 500W should be enough. Most 500W with 2 pci-e connectors have okay Amp ratings.

I think I'd really like you to run some stress tests on your computer first. It has always been weird to me that you could game on the computer, and only had issues on startup.

Use Prime95 to test your cpu, and Furmark to test your video card.
|MG| Prime95 26.6 Build 3 Download eithrf 32 or 64bit is avaliable
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Theses 2 test will heat your compurter up pretty good, while urmark shows temperature of you video card, use coretemp to watch your cpu temp.
Core Temp

Use the stand alone which doesn't need to be installed.

Running these tests will max out your computer, and if your power supply isn't up to it, it'll crash or error out.

i have only one PCI-E connector ... so i dont need a big PSU i wont do any more upgrades ... and yes the fans do start .... but the hard drive is making weird sounds like when you take a rubber and scratch it on table .... it takes like 30 seconds ... then i hear the beep and it starts .... then i wait for two minutes push the off button push it again for start and it works ... when i install old graphics in everything is fine ... so i guess its only the power supply

so the furmark showed 59 degrees after like 10 000 frames and aproximately 8 minutes ... then i turned the test off because for 3 last minutes temperature was not rising ...

i also screened how much power am i using ... i use usually EVEREST to see what temps is my PC doing so take a look

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

hope this helps ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom