I badly need a help from you guys regarding my motherboard. =,(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mochatrailer

Solid State Member
HI to all!

I just like to ask what is the best solution on my motherboard problem. I have a MSI 945G Neo (MS-7176) brought from Japan. My problem is it cant detect my SATA drive properly. During booting, it just got stock. I already change the CMOS battery and i try to put the SATA cable to its all 4 SATA ports and still the same, it's just stop and stock up during booting and cant continue loading the O.S. (Windows XP) properly.

Please help me with this one because right now I'm just using my 80gb IDE HDD and want to used my 500 gb SATA HDD.

THANKS! r",|

Tried using a different SATA cable? Tried a different hard drive?

Have you checked to see if the hard drive is getting power?
Does your other devices get power? (like cd rom and chassis fans)

1: Try connecting the hard drive to a different power connector
2: Try a different SATA Cable (sometimes these cables like to fail if they have been pinched or kinked)
3: Try a different hard drive

so the os starts to load but doesn't finish?

if i have that right you can try a repair install with a xp sp3 disk. maybe a sata driver problem.

if you press F8 to get to advanced startup options and choose disable automatic restart option, what happens?

I already tried those things. I tried a lot of sata cables, there's no problem with the power cables (my oprtical drives are working properly), I tried my SATA HDD to my friends computer and it's working and properly detected. The problem is once I turned on the unit, during self test the processor, memory and Optical drive is detected (by the way, my optical drive is IDE).But once the hdd is detecting it's just stop there and got stocked. I tried to wait for 2- 4 hours but nothing happens, it's stop and I think it's not detecting my HDD. Do you think I need to update the BIOS?:confused:

-try reinstall windows
-take the working sata data and sata power from the cd drive and plug it in the hard drive
-try a friends or another sata hard drive if that does work then its the mobo if it does then your hard drive fail
-go to bios set everything as default

good luck

I've had to do about a dozen times, and each time it happens I forget about AHCI and bang my head against the wall for an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom