broadband install wizard/ computer not finding my networkcard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisse

Beta member
Hello everyone, Krisse here, new to the forums so if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm sorry! :)

Anyway, back to the problem. I've recently reformated my computer due to a trojan screwing it aaall up. but when I tried to install drivers for my networkcard(or rather installing my broadband on my computer), it just can't find my networkcard! I could reaally use some help with this, since I'm quite incompetent with computers.

Thanks,

Krisse

You're in the right place. Welcome to TF! :)

Did windows detect the Ethernet port, at all? Go into Control Panel -> Device Manager look under networking. See anything there? Or rather something with a yellow explanation point?

That's exactly what I've tried, but at device manager it says under "other devices" "ethernet-styrenhet"(swedish, translated it would go along the lines of controlunit"), with a yellow explanation point. under that there's something called "unknown device".

Oh, almost forgot. I can't even find "networking", anywhere...

Do you have a driver for it? If its onboard (not a pci card) the manufacturer of your motherboard will provide the driver.

It's an onboard , but I have no clue how to check what kind of motherboard I have. (it's a retailcomputer as far as i know, got it from selling magazines..)

hey wait, i just remembered i had some old cd's with the computer. i'll check those out and come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom