Better with a i5-2500k or i7-2600k for the futur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mononcleken

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I read for a week on the performance, overcloaking etc...
And i'm still confused. Which one do you suggest me with a budget of +/- 1700$
for a whole gaming computer setup.

Asus/intel package: P8P67 LE B3 INTEL I7-2600K Buy the ASUS P8P67 LE B3 and Intel Core i7-2600K Bundle at TigerDirect.ca

ASUS ENGTX570 DIRECT CU II Buy the ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCUII 1280MB GDDR5 PCIe at TigerDirect.ca

or

Asus/intel package: P8P67 B3 INTEL I5-2500K
Buy the ASUS P8P67 B3 Mobo and Intel Core i5-2500K Bundle at TigerDirect.ca

ASUS ENGTX580 DIRECT CU II Buy the ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DCII 1536MB GDDR5 Video Card at TigerDirect.ca

And the rest still the same (any suggestion gonna be read carefully):

HDD WESTERN DIGIT CAVIAR BLACK 1TB 6GO/S: Buy the Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black HD at TigerDirect.ca

MEMORY CORSAIR VENGEANCE 8GB(2X4): Buy the Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz RAM at TigerDirect.ca

PSU ULTRA LSP750 (LIFETIME WARRANTY): Buy the Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply at TigerDirect.ca

CASE (I'm not sure if it will fit): Buy the Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced Computer Case at TigerDirect.ca

So, if someone have comments or suggestions, it will be appreciate.

Thank you

I would personally go with the I7, currently it is one of the best out there, it is not future proof, but it will hold out for a little while.

First off, I'm going to comment on the Ultra psu. My first psu was from Ultra and it started making whining noises after 2-3 years...plus it did not cool nearly as well as my OCZ does now. Now, perhaps they've made them a little better since then, but I still recommend either Corsair, Antec, or OCZ PSUs.

As for the rest, I think a P8P67 Pro, i7 2600k, and an ASUS GTX 580 or 570 will give you the best performance for games and overclocking.

Is $1700 in USD?

First off, I'm going to comment on the Ultra psu. My first psu was from Ultra and it started making whining noises after 2-3 years...plus it did not cool nearly as well as my OCZ does now. Now, perhaps they've made them a little better since then, but I still recommend either Corsair, Antec, or OCZ PSUs.
As Night Fox suggested do not get that PSU. Bad things will happen. Get one of the brands he suggested.

According to google converter, 1700cdn is about $1750 USD...so ya, I would definitely get the 580 with that budget and also a SSD, the OCZ Vertex 3 120gb would be good. This will greatly increase performance (use for OS and programs and use other drive to store files).

Pro vs LE:

It's got an additional PCI-e x8 slot for SLI should you choose to upgrade to that in the future
It's got bluetooth
Better for overclocking because it can provide more power (based on what I've heard from other people, don't take my word on this..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom