Need help on upgrading my PC! Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does the RAM i linked fit?

And the graphic card is ok but i need better PSU?
but can i just change the PSU? wont that destory anything?
and does that processor fit the motherboard?

The RAM is fine.

You need more power to run that graphics card. You can switch in and out PSU's. As long as you have enough power to run the components.

I'm unsure about AMD CPUs, but it looks like it works. Might need Trotter to verify that ;)

Okay, Thanks alot! Verry thankful for all great help and quick answers! :):) And soon i will upgrade my pc and clean wires xD :)

Okay thanks Trotter, but that processor you linked is that better than the one i linked? or dosent the Ghz say anything good about the processor?

And do the proccesor need a better PSU aswell?

Hard to call that one, Chriskaar. Athlons are AMD's Celerons in that they only have half the onboard cache as the Phenoms. Cache memory allows the CPU to load up with more instructions at a time; think of it as a firefighter using a bigger bucket so he makes fewer trips back tot he well to put out the fire. The Athlon X2 has a higher clock speed, but it is a generation behind the Phenom X4 and the Phenom has four cores instead of two.

The two should run about equal to each other, but the quad will handle multi-tasking a lot better.

And no, a better CPU won't require enough extra juice to need more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom