Decision, Decisions...Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt try to build your own computer if you dont have the knowledge but you can go to a computer convention or go to your nearest computer technician they'll usally build you on for a good price and will work much better than any stupid dell

belive me dont get a dell they are horrible

about dells.... i used dell last year as a server :) it was an internal server for about 10 ppl to acess....it had 128 ram in it and was slow as hell.... the problem was that i couldnt upgrade the ram, you had to get special Dell ram, which was expensive... and had to go there and pay for the upgrade and repair, cuz one of the things on the ram slot(the one that holds the chip in place) broke off........

theyre just making money on ppl who get their stuff... it might be cheap when you buy it, but when you go to upgrade it it is very expensive....those guys make some real money off of gramas :D
So i say definately Alienware...those machines are the most stylish ones out there and are best for gaming...

Thanks for all your replies. I'm looking at taking a Dimension 3000, and adding every option, which makes it about a $925 computer. It'll have a 3.0ghz P4 HT, 1 gig DDR 400mhz SDRAM, 160 gig UltraATA/100 hard drive, and a DVD/RW.
The Alienware, either the Area 51 or the Bot, would have much the same configuration, a few more options maybe. The Alienware is about $200-$250 more expensive after rebates.
I don't play games much at all, but I do usually have a lot of various programs running, because I like to do lots of stuff at once. It seems like Alienware uses better quality parts, but the customer service gets very mixed reviews.

For the extra money, is the Alienware worth it if I'm not playing games and stuff like that?

alienware is made for gamers, its case design and high end hardware explain that....
Well if you're not upgrading your dell (in the near future) i prolly suggest you get it, if you really have no time for puttin a pc together.

Dell is a stamper (like cowboys used to do with cows :) ), it stamps its parts and makes them expensive, a part can only work with another stamped part and if your part is not stamped theyll stamp it for you for some money :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom