almost 100% cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.birdy

Baseband Member
amd athlon 2 quad core(2.8ghz)
6gb ram 1333
256mb dedicated graphics with up to 3mb shared(ya..i know i need a video card)
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

not to sure what info you need but
also physical memory usage around 3gb

only thing running is chrome and windows media center(to play tv)

only recently started doing this(maybe because its summer time.i live in texas so it gets pretty hawt)

but still i cant see why its acting like this

ideas?

here is a print screen of it in "low" usage
cpu-1.png

here is a print screen of the services.lmk if i need to make the usage one bigger

cpu2.png

Have you done a malware or antivirus test lately? Get Malwarebytes and run it.

Something is eating up your resources. What process is taking up the most RAM and/or CPU usage? And that last picture is hard to read, try cropping it.

weird that its still up.i was closed out of it but after you said it ya your right its clearly still under the processes.restarting the computer was the only way to truely get it closed

what can i do to have it not eat up my resources next time(is it the video card thing..or just how the emulator rolls)

from an elevated command prompt you can run

Code:
taskkill /f /im epsxe.exe

or manually kill the processes in task manager. I'm not sure why there are several processes or why they are still running.

InfiniteLoop is right, kill it unless you are using. Probably also starts in the msconfig-startup (tab), might remove the check from this to keep it from starting and bugging the cpu until you need it. You can simply run it at this point.
Might starting also in the all programs-startup
Or from the entries in the registry--stay out of this inless you back it up first. Might need to google this if this is the culprit

Good luck with this--gets awfully frustrating (sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom