Sapphire HD6950 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgeek420

Baseband Member
I will be playing a game and out of no where my monitors will disconnect. Then all my screen will go black and i hear the sound when something is connected over and over again while my screen flash my desktop or what ever i was doing. Why is it doing this?

Could be an overheating problem - use a program like EVGA Precision to measure and log what temperature your card gets to while playing a heavy 3D game.

Hello,
It would be beneficial to us if we knew your entire system specs. If your computer is retail, then we need the manufacturer, series, and model number. For example, my old desktop was a "HP Pavillion a6110n". If the computer is custom build, please provide us with a list of every single part, both the maker and the model number.

First, make sure that the graphics card is connected correctly. Find your video cable and make sure that is connected and make sure that both screws on each end are entirely screwed in. You don't need a screwdriver, finger tight screws is good enough.
Try re-seat the graphics card. Power down your computer, take the graphics card entirely out of the slot, make sure that no dust or any particles are on the graphics card connectors or in the slot. If the slot has something in it, you can use compressed air to get it our, or a vaccum cleaner hose with a narrow attachment.
After re-seating the card, make sure that the power connectors are connected securely. If your power supply is modular, make sure that all of the connectors are connected to it securely as well.

Keep us updated :)

My computer is a custom built computer i built last summer. It has Windows 7 Ultimate, Tyan S2932 Motherboard, 2x Quad-Core AMD Opteron Processor 2378 2.4GHz, 8GB of DDR2 RAM, Intel SSD 80GB C:drive, Cooler Master 850w power supply, and its all in a Cooler Master Haf case.

I have re-seated the card and checked to make sure there is no dust. Hopefully this will work. Ill keep you updated!

It has done it a few more times. Expect this time it took a couple boot for it to get back to working properly

also i downloaded EVGA Precision but it said that it doesnt support my graphics card...

So my card is idling at 55C, which to me seems a bit high since everything else on my computer is in the 20's or 30's

That's a little warm, but fine for idle. The temp that we really need is when you're playing a heavy 3D game, like Crysis or something.

Well first of all, Crysis 2 doesn't allow to go into the 3D setting for some reason.
But when im playing the game, on one monitor, the card get to about 65C.

That isn't hot, your computer is just flat out locking up. Run Prime95 for awhile, and make sure you have the LATEST drivers and updates for everything.

It stresses your processor and what not, just to see if this will happen during data intensive applications, if not, then we can go ahead and say your system is having issues with the graphics card.

If you can though, download HWMonitor, run that, and play your game for a bit, then quit, and take a screen shot of HWMonitor and post it up for us to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom