d1603 red light on 4890HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickemhigh

Beta member
so this weekend i finally decided it was time to upgrade my pc i bought a new intel quad core cpu and a new psu and mobo because my old ones were slacking in performance and power. i started putting the new parts and put in my gpu, i plugged in the power and tried to turn it on but i get a red light on the card which is D1603. i did a quick google search and found this.

D1601 - Red LED On, shows critical temperature fault

D1602 - Red LED On, shows External power connector A was removed

D1603 - Red LED On, shows External power connector B was removed

D601 - Red LED On, shows critical Core power fault.

my gpu is currently only showing one light on D1603. as well im not getting a signal to my monitor so i cant get into bios and when i turn on my computer i dont hear a beep that you normally hear from the mobo. its been a couple years since i put a computer together but im pretty sure i wasnt missing any plugs or components. i have been trying to get this to work for a couple hours now so any help or suggestions you have would be awesome

You bought a new power supply, what manufacturer and wattage is it? You bought a new CPU and mobo, exactly what CPU is it and what motherboard are you using? While your at it, what memory are you using?

i bought a ocz modxstream pro 700w, the cpu is a Intel Core i5-2500K Quad-Core Socket LGA1155, 3.30Ghz, 6MB L3 Cache, 32nm. the mobo is a asus P8P67-M PRO and im using corsair ddr3 4gb ram

I want to think your PSU is modular, make sure you have all the power connections on the card plugged up at both the card and PSU, as it is saying it literally don't have power on circut B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom