Disk Boot Error, insert system disk? Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
Is this for the HDD or the dvd drive?

I tried changing the sata cables to different locations and am still getting the same thing

I know the pc is working because i just changed the hardware from one case to another

> "insert system disk"
means that the Drive that your Computer is trying to boot from does not have a Boot Sector that is active.
Either the Boot Sector was never written, corrupted, or is not set as active. Which ever Drive was your "C:" Drive is what you must boot from.
Look in your BIOS to ensure you are booting from the correct Drive. Try booting your OS Disks from your CDROM to see if you can even boot.

:hrmph:run the fixboot via the recovery consul when boot off the window's disk. On the page that you would hit enter to install windows--hit "R" to repair-via the consul. You will be prompted for-what windows would you like to repair-choose one.
after you run the fixboot--exit this consul then let it reboot---more than likely will fix this issue but if not---------------get back in the recovery consul and run the fixboot plus the fixmbr----this is what you would do if running windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom