Monitor crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

skhturner

Beta member
Hi, I have a recurring problem where my monitor turns itself off after the PC has been on a short while. It usually does this when going from BIOS to windows 7. It has turned itself off on both cold boots and after PC has been on a while (specifically after I turn off a screensaver).

I was advised that the problem was either 1. GPU or 2. monitor. After a lot of faffing I bit the bullet and got a new GPU (gtx 460). Everything was fine for a few weeks and then it started to happen again.

My question is - as I have replaced GPU, is it definitely a bad monitor? Or could this problem be caused by faulty PSU, failing MBO, some other issue?

Thanks in advance

Could be a bad backlight, too. When you say "off" do you mean a black screen, or the light on the monitor has gone out?

you might need to set your bios's video setings to the right seting. (i.e lets say you have a pci-e video card. set your bios main video divice to pci-x16?) maby that will work?

thanks for quick replies. When I say off I mean no image on screen whatsoever, although the power light is on at the front. is there any way to test the psu? i don;t think it's BIOS as 50% of the time it works, and if that was wrong it wouldn't ever wprk, would it?

I say the PSU as well. Get HWMonitor and show us a screenshot. See how your PSU voltages are. BTW, what model is your PSU?

Tried to insert screen capture but couldn't (it wanted me to insert URL when I clicked "Insert Image button")

Results were:

CPU VCORE - Min 1.39V, Max 1.41V
+3.3V - Min 3.28V, Max 3.39V
+5V - Mon 5.03V, Max 5.11V
+12V - Min 11.97V, Max 12.10V
VBAT - Min 3.09V, Max 3.09V

The GPU VIN0 was Min 0.88V and Max 0.88V if that's of any use

Oh and it's a Tagan TG480-U22. It's getting on a bit, about 4-5 yrs old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom