ASUS N53SV-SZ016V versus HP Elitebook 8560w

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjartan

Beta member
Hello all,

I decided it is time for a new laptop. I am an architecture student so for me 3d applications and heavy graphics and common things. So I did some research over the internet and i stopped over these two options:

ASUS N53SV-SZ016V (with Intel Core i7 2630 QM, 6GB DDR3 (SODIMM), 640 GB 5400 rpm, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M + Intel HD Graphics 3000 + 1 GB video dedicated memory) and HP Elitebook 8560w (with Intel i7-2630M QuadCore, 4 GB 1333 DDR3, 500 GB 7200RPM, NVIDIA Quadro 1000M)

The laptops are comparable as price, but as performance, it appears that Asus is superior.

I would like to ask you which one you would recommend, or if you have any comments about these models (failures, crashes, other problems).

Thanks,

Kjartan

Yeah, I'd go with the ASUS as well. Better CPU, the QM is based on sandybridge. The graphic cards are right next to each other in performance. Also more ram can really help with rendering and such.

I would get a separate 7200rpm HDD, and just image the OS to the new one, and use that. Faster speed in processing. Or you can just wait.

(Plus I'm just a ASUS fanboy :p)

Thanks MindoverMaster, for the advice. Someone else also recommended me to change the hdd to sdd whatwould you say, would it worth while more than the hdd?

Hi MindoverMaster,

Can you please give me a link where ito see how i can "image the OS to the new one"? (this related to the hard drive speed

And which external hard drive would you recommend (i have an Western Digital My Passport with USB 3 - is this good)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom